Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas Festivities 2012- St George Then Heber

All of us kids were able to go to St George for Christmas this year to spend it with my parents. We all got together on Christmas Eve to have my parents annual enchilada and tacos dinner. Then we all sat around to listen to the Christmas story out of the Bible, read by Lance and songs accompanied on the piano by me...


 
Then it was Christmas morning and the kids could hardly contain their excitement. This is Lance's kids, Kayla, Hailey, Carson, Brinley, Porter and then my two boys.

 
My dad protecting the Christmas tree...
 
Here is what Santa brought Gavin and Brett...

 
Brett loves to play with them, even 3 weeks later...

 
Gavin wanted a scooter so bad but he was just pumped to start ripping open a present. Oh and Santa brought them both gigantic suckers...that they are still sucking on, 3 weeks later.

 
He thought the scooter was cool... until he took it out later that day and biffed it so hard that the neighbors came to his rescue. He got a big scrape on his head...and he hasn't been on it since:(

 
And of course he couldn't but help my mom open her presents. I would have gotten mad at him, but my mom would get a present and almost not know what to do with it so he helped her out:)
 
 
Me and my parents... 

 
For Christmas I got Jared his really nice razor that he wanted and I got my dish set that I have wanted for so long! Yay for matching dishes:) 
 
We had a yummy ham dinner, and I made the festive strawberry spinach salad:)
 
I couldn't resist...:)  Aren't they cute?

 
I love my daddy:) 
 
Carson and my dad in their new BYU clothes. 
 
Owens family 2012... 
 
That night we got with Kristal, Wendy and all of their familys to have a Greer family party at Lance's house to open our presents from each other. We played a game of charades that was so fun and I will have to remember it for next year:)  Brett came in with some underwear on his head and I couldn't resist the picture...

 
Me and my momma:) 
 
One of the presents that my mom gave us girls for Christmas was to get a pedicure the day after Christmas. So we went in the morning and then went to lunch after that. It was so good to be pampered after all of the hard work of putting on Christmas:) It is something that we all agreed that we would have to do more often. 

 
The day after Christmas we headed down to Heber to spend some much needed time at Jared's parents house. I hadn't been there even though my boys practically lived there this fall. On our way there is when we found out about Jared's grandma. We were going to visit her in the hospital that night or the next day:(  I ended up staying an extra week so that I didn't have to travel home just to turn around later in the week to come back for the funeral.  I am SO SICK of traveling at this point in my life. Packing, unpacking, sleepless nights (because Brett sleeps terribly while we travel), and living out of a suitcase are a few of the reasons why.
 
Anyway, Brett and Gavin had a great time playing in the snow with his cousins...
 
{Kennedy, Gavin, Kylie, Tyler and Karissa...} 
 
I love this picture of Brett with uncle Blake...he single by the way...;) 
 
Kylie and Brett.. 
 
Tyler pulling Gavin... 
 
Gavin and Karissa going to be pulled on the tube... 
 
Jared pulling them on the wheeler... 
 
Man it was SO cold while we were there. I think it was below zero every night that we were there. I have become so WIMPY since leaving the beautiful but cold mountains of Arizona.
I had to post the pictures below to show what kind of mountain people the Owens are...and they make fun of ME!!! Haha. I do hope they know that I love kidding with them about it, and I think they are great:)  
{Do you see all of the coyote and bobcat skins that Blake was drying...they STUNK!}
 
 

2 comments:

Living Lavallee said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I always forget how cold it gets in Ramah in the winter, not to mention how hot in Phoenix in the summer. Traveling with little ones does stink for sure.

The Waites said...

I am so glad you all got to be together for Christmas!! It looks like you all had a wonderful holiday and some much needed family time! We love you guys and we are thinking of you and praying for you always!!

CAUGHT YOU LOOKING!!! Come on, you know you want to leave a comment!!!!!